Saturday 5 January 2013

Somebody save me ..............Part 2

After a couple of coats of antique white homemade chalk paint , the table is ready for the fun part - lets pretty it up . I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it , but without an o/head projector or any decals , I had to improvise..... I printed my image onto iron on transfer paper and hoped for the best!!!!! Ok it was a bit hit and miss (my iron doesn't get hot enough really)but the effect was what I wanted - grainy, faded and very vintage I was quite pleased after everything was done.
A few little twiddly bits around the outer edges and a nice coat of varnish - the coffee table from hell now able to sit back in the living room and be admired (I hope), and you've probably guessed already , the daughter who was throwing it out , has asked if she can have it back!!!!! Whats a Mum to do ??? Happy makings Bev xx

7 comments:

  1. Love the blog title (you look too young to be a grandma) and you seem to have a go at everything - like me! 'Hello' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Annabelle , thanks for the compliment - yep "have a go Bev" thats me.Its just a shame i have to go to work I could quite happily spend my days crafting nice talking with you xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for popping over to my blog, nice to meet you!

    I look forward to hearing more about your crafty happenings!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my..your table is so lovely! Daughters tend to do that...I really don't blame her for wanting it back!
    Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog the other day....hope your January days are going well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely! It's amazing how different it looks, and no wonder your daughter now would like it back!
    Well done Bev!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete