Tuesday 1 October 2013

Halloween project

Hi to all my blog chums ,


I just can't believe that September has been and gone in a flash !!!!

So the days are getting a bit chillier and the nights a little darker which can only mean one thing ....  that Halloween must almost be upon us .

As you know I am delighted to be part of the CraftMojo design team, and this months challenge is of course HALLOWEEN.

I like to create things that are a little different so I pondered all the things that came to mind about the Witching time of year and decided on a Spell Book with a little twist.

In the absence of any thick-ish card in my stash for the book cover I disected my desk blotter and recycled the backing board into the book cover. I added different splodges of acrylic paint until I got the  look I wanted and whilst the paint was drying peeled back and scrunched up different layers of the card so it began to look like faux leather and punched a couple of holes for the fastenings .








I then made a couple of simple boxes and attached them to both the back and front covers.


Then the fun part ......I painted a simple moonlit  sky, and cut out some house shapes , put some old sweet wrappers in the windows, ripped some black card into hills and edged them with a marker and finally cut a couple of bat shapes from some black card just for added spookiness and stuck it inside the box of the front cover.

The back cover is the witches den . I coloured some stonework onto card stock added broomstick made from coloured paper and a real twig, some  fun foam  which I heated over a candle and formed the cauldron and filled that with cotton wool dipped in some green paint and glitter and cut & coloured some witches jars out of card.



The book closes as you can see and I made the star from tracing around a drawn shape with my hot glue gun and just dusting with some gold paint .The little cobwebs which hang between the boxes was made from all the stringy bits that you end up with from your glue gun.




Any how I hope you like it , and that you have time to pop over to the CraftMojo October blog challenge , we would love to see you there.

Happy Makings

Bev xx

3 comments: