Saturday 2 November 2013

Inspirational book for November

Good morning to all blog chums ,


I have been up to my usual tricks again in the craft room and messing around with paper and glue. October has passed us by and Christmas is almost here , but before the madness of the wonderful season settles in I just wanted to share my latest creation with you all which I made for the lovely Craft Mojo DT.


This month challenge was "Anything Goes" and I took my inspiration from the very talented Astrid  @ Astrids Artistics Efforts who showed a post on how she made her altered book . Like Astrid I had seen these books before and this seemed like the perfect time to have a go and make one myself .

At this point the dilemma of what design I wanted set in , I choose my favorite flower THE ROSE .

I began by removing a few of the pages from the book from both the back and front sections, (this helps it to stand up better when finished), I covered the book with some pretty paper on the reverse  just to hide the original spine and actual title of the book, and also on the inside front & back covers

The pages were then folded in half a few at a time and each section was given a quick woosh of acrylic paint just down the middle of the page.
 I punched some circles from pearlescent card stock and shaped them to form petals for the roses and as I only have one die which luckily contained a leaf shape& swirls ,  I cut these out and coloured them with promarkers to form the leaf stems.

I tied ribbon around one end and this acts as a hinge to keep the book open , although this not needed if you prefer the book to be left completely open as this adds another dimension, and added a little ditty just for fun


I hope you give this a try , they are really fun to do and have time to join in this months challenge at Craft Mojo I've already made another couple as I had a request from my Mother and one for a xmas prezzie 
Happy Makings   
Bev xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow! these are gorgeous Bev!! Really interesting and totally unique! love them! mo x

    ReplyDelete